Performs specific grounds care tasks in accordance with established procedures. Tasks include, but not limited to mowing, trimming, edging, pruning, fertilizing, watering, re-seeding, applying fungicides, insecticides and weed control, blowing walks and drives, removing snow, and ice and spreading sand or ice-melt, etc.
Operates and maintains, powered grounds care equipment such as tractor mowers, riding mowers, push mowers, edger, string trimmers, blowers and vacuums, sprayers, spreaders, chain saw, and various non-powered hand tools.
Also performs other maintenance support tasks as assigned including but not limited to general labor duties. Duties that do not require previous experience and minimal skills.
Must practice general safety precautions and follow safety guidelines of all equipment. Work is usually performed as a member of a group with specific instruction and close supervision.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Some knowledge of general grounds care procedures and maintenance,
- Some knowledge of equipment commonly used in grounds care maintenance,
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions,
- Ability to exercise care in the use of equipment, tools, and materials,
- Level of manual dexterity to perform tasks requiring moderately heavy lifting up to 75lbs, manual work, repetitive motion,
- Level of manual dexterity to operate powered equipment, moderate vibration, and noise levels, standing long periods,
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, heat, humidity, and cold,
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees.
- GED or High School Equivalency Certificate
- Must have a valid State of Missouri vehicle operator license.
- This is a full-time job, 40 hours per week
- Starting pay $11.15 per hour
- Paid health insurance program
- Paid retirement program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid sick leave
- Company provided pants, shirts, coat
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm